- So how can you understand your convictions? Well ask yourself some of the following questions:
- What are my beliefs and values?
- Where am I demonstrating those beliefs and values?
- Where are my values and my organization aligned? Where are there differences?
- What can I do to bring them more into alignment?
- What needs to change in order to for me to live out my beliefs and values even more?
What does it take to be an effective leader? One component is setting a vision. But how hard is it to set a vision? Don't we all have ideas on how we would like to see things? That can be the case, but a true leader has dug deep, looked at their core values and beliefs about life and how they want to serve it, and created a vision that truly resonates with the person that they are. They understand what their true strengths are, how they best can utilize those strengths to make a difference, and they have the conviction to follow through on those values and beliefs.
Monica Thakrar has over 18 years experience in business focused mainly on strategy, change management, leadership development, training and coaching resulting in successful implementations of large scale transformation programs.